Thursday, March 12, 2009

Atheist Tracts: New Ones Needed

FFRF has atheist tracts - you know, little pamphlets you can leave at the grocery store, in diners, hotel desks, etc. I'm going to print a few of these and distribute them this weekend just for the heck of it. These are good because they explain what a freethinker/atheist/etc. is, without having someone standing over the person's shoulder saying it's all hellfire.

But we need something more. People look through those tracts when they're in trouble. Someone who can't pay their mortgage isn't so interested in a description of the FFRF. They want comforting words, which yes, we atheists can provide, despite myths to contrary. Consequently I think we're missing out on a great opportunity in this recession to find people

I'm going to put together a tract to this effect, but I can only do the writing - I'm a horrible artist, so if you're reading this and thing you can do it, by all means contact me or leave a comment.

No comments: