Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dean Edell = Awesome Medical Call-in Show

I took a little trip to Mendocino National Forest today and while I like driving through the woods on dirt roads, you get a little tired of it after a while - and after scanning the AM dial I pulled in a broadcast by Dr. Dean Edell. I was immediately taken out by how enthusiastically he encouraged skepticism in his listeners. I suspected he might be one of us when he mentioned as an aside the recent work showing how RNA could have occurred prebiotically and explicitly calling out the implication that this removes the need for a deity in the process. Had I checked the Celebrity Atheists list I would've seen that he was on there - but above and beyond that, he has an entertaining show that I really enjoyed listening to. Check it out online.

No comments: