Sunday, December 27, 2009

Michele Bachmann: Proud Graduate of Oral Roberts Law School

I was reading up on Oral Roberts University after its founder's death - frankly I'm fascinated with this institution in the same way as I am with, for example, Lysenko's theories of biology - and I learned that at one time they had both a medical and a law school. Fortunately, both of them closed in the 1980s after less than a decade in operation.

But the damage was done. Visit the Wiki article and you'll find among its famous graduates Ted Haggard, Kathie Lee Gifford, and of course the punchline of this post:



Incidentally, I was just in Newport Beach last night - Oral's last residence until two weeks ago, far from the heartland - and somehow people didn't seem too preoccupied with his departure.

No comments: