Friday, February 26, 2010

The Pledge of Allegiance

A nice history video of America's Pledge of Allegiance and the design of our currency. What if the Pledge said "And to the republic, for which it stands, one white nation, with liberty and justice for all"?



Here's a question: if atheists aren't as patriotic and moral as everyone else, why would we even be concerned about this issue in the first place?

And though I'm making myself a media hypocrite, I'll say it again: to get its message out, reason, atheism and skepticism needs more video and less text. The Sagan-Degrasse-Nye-Feynman autotune video is probably worth a hundred blog posts. If you're a young rationalist who knows your way around a camera and editing software, we need you.

1 comment:

Philippe said...

Great Pledge video; I'm definitely posting this on my facebook.