Monday, July 19, 2010

Christopher Hitchens on Esophageal Cancer

Hitchens on the Hugh Hewitt show:

Oh well, I have, in case people are just tuning in, I have cancer in my esophagus, which has I think spread a little to my lymph nodes as well. And I’m two weeks into the chemotherapy course. So I feel pretty weak, and my voice isn’t what it was, but that’s supposed to be a good sign in that the amount of poison I’m taking is presumably working on the bad stuff as well as the good stuff. And this morning, I found that my hair was beginning to come out in the shower, which is a bit demoralizing, I have to say, even though it’s the least of it.

Drink in moderation and don't smoke. If you drink too much or smoke, this should be at the very top of your to-do list. Today. If it's not, put it there now, or abandon all claims you have to rationality. Need resources? Start here.

No comments: