Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Rapture Really Did Occur!

That's Campings story, and he's stickin' to it. This was one of the options on my possible-excuse list (variant under Sixth-Sense Explanation), as well as here on Rapture Excuse Bingo.

It's also interesting how he wants to have his cake and eat it too in the way that he influences people: "I'm just saying what the Bible says", he tells us, and if people want to take action based on that, that's their problem. So in other words, his broadcasts are not "intended to be taken as a factual statement"? I wonder how useful a plumber would be, or a lawyer, or a personal trainer, who said, "Listen, I'm just telling you what [fill in professional document] says; it's your problem what you do in response." Come to think of it, I'm going to use this in a couple months when I'm starting to see patients. Would Camping send his wife to me with that kind of CYA-policy? If not, why not, Mr. Camping?

His refusal to accept any accountability for his mistake, or what he's done to some people's lives, is breathtaking. But again, there's no surprise. It's par for the course for these characters.

No comments: