Monday, December 10, 2012

Fan Death: My New Favorite Ridiculous Thing

No, not goofy kids that watch too much anime msyteriously dying. Rather, fan death is the goofy idea that electric fans will mysteriously kill you from hypothermia and asphyxiation.



Somehow there is no such fear elsewhere in the world, and despite this carelessness, no reported fan deaths!  This means that either the world's fan manufacturers are in a conspiracy to hide the carnage (no doubt with the vaccine makers, the moon-landing fakers, and evolutionists) or that Koreans have a genetic weakness that allows them to be killed by a 5mph breeze.  Patriotic Koreans no doubt find option #2 unpalatable, so we must find the conspiracy! 

Oddly enough, as I write this, I recall that the electric fan in my room while I was growing up was a Samsung.  I frequently left it on overnight.  I am therefore undead.  A vampire fan manufacturer conspiracy!  It's the only explanation!

I have a fondness for obscure conspiracy theories and superstitions so I love this one. I leave it to some brave member of the skeptical community - maybe right here in San Diego! - to film themselves sleeping with multiple electric fans pointing at them and wake up alive. Like Jackass meets skepticism!

No comments: